This page has moved to a new address.

Storing Birthday Cards

Me and My Munchkin: Storing Birthday Cards

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Storing Birthday Cards

Last week I shared a photo on Instagram and Facebook showing how I keep Master A's birthday cards together. It got a bit of feedback, so I thought I would share it on the blog and show you just how I store old cards. I was originally going to use only ribbon, though I thought that would make it hard for Master A to look through.


So far I have the cards from my baby shower, and Master A's first birthday. When he has his second birthday in September I will do those cards the same way. All you need is a hole punch, album rings (pack of 5 from Spotlight for roughly around $3), your cards, and I also included the invitation from the party.


Hole punch each card and thread the album rings through the holes. I put the invitation on the front. Close the album rings and voila! You have a little book of birthday cards that your child can flick through when they want to. Couldn't get much easier than that! I also added some ribbon to the rings to make them a little prettier (yes, pretty for a boy!)



I keep them in a storage box from Ikea, and will continue to add to it over the years as he has more birthdays.

So that was my super dooper easy way to store old birthday cards, and it is much better than having them floating around a drawer or box, I reckon!

How do you store your children's birthday cards?
Do your children like to look through them?

Blogging this Tuesday and linking up with Diary of a SAHM


Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At 7 August 2012 at 10:36 , Blogger Tubbah @ Organising: My Crazy Life said...

That's such a cute idea :) My mum used to stick all ours in a big scrap book, but I don't like the bulkiness and the work involved with that (yep I'm lazy :D) I much prefer your idea,. Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 7 August 2012 at 12:13 , Blogger Rhianna said...

What a great idea. I have mine floating all over the place. I don't really have the space to store them and I wonder why I really want to as my mum has kept all of mine and doesn't know what to do with them. I don't really want some 16 years of old birthday cards yet I don't really want to throw them either. First world problems eh?

 
At 7 August 2012 at 13:09 , Blogger Kel said...

I'm terrible with birthday cards, I throw them out! But then again, I throw everything out, I'm the opposite of a hoarder, I hate clutter! But this is an awesome idea, what a handy way to keep them neat and together, I think I'll give it a try :-)

 
At 7 August 2012 at 13:20 , Anonymous Nat @ Drivelology said...

Such a great idea!

I always thought storing them would be a great big hassle so tend to throw them all out - except for the ones we give each other.

I may have to start keeping them all now!

 
At 7 August 2012 at 14:34 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

No worries, a scrapbook would be awesome but yes, lots of work!
Chrissie xx

 
At 7 August 2012 at 14:35 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Oh totally huge problems there! I am keeping mine for my boy, because as a child, I loved to look through them, and at least this way they're all together!
Chrissie xx

 
At 7 August 2012 at 14:36 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I'm usually the same with throwing everything out Kelly, I'm pretty ruthless. But this is kept in a small box in Munchkin's room and means he has memories to look through, without it being bulky and in the way.
Chrissie xx

 
At 7 August 2012 at 14:37 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I always keep the ones from my son and throw all the rest out. I have kept all of his though, except for christmas cards.
Chrissie xx

 
At 7 August 2012 at 15:16 , Blogger The Kids Are All Right said...

What a great idea. I have 3 kids - made my eldest keep a scrapbook for the first 12 years of her life, and I guess I'm going to have to do that with the next two as well! My eldest does appreciate it now, but didn't at the time :)

 
At 7 August 2012 at 19:24 , Blogger ♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

A very cute and creative idea.

 
At 7 August 2012 at 19:52 , Blogger EssentiallyJess said...

I really like this! I usually just throw the cards out cause I have nowhere to keep them. This makes it seem very practical to keep them!

 
At 7 August 2012 at 20:37 , Blogger CraftyMummy said...

Great idea!! I tend to make ours into bookmarks

 
At 7 August 2012 at 21:10 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

My boy loves to look through photos and cards, so this is a great way for him to be able to see them. I'm sure your eldest loves having those memories to look through :)
Chrissie xx

 
At 7 August 2012 at 21:11 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Trish :) I love that I have these memories here for him to look through :)
Chrissie xx

 
At 7 August 2012 at 21:16 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Might be time to start looking at a system for yourself!
Chrissie xx

 
At 7 August 2012 at 21:17 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

That's a smart and different idea! Sounds great I'd love to see what you do with them :)
Chrissie xx

 
At 8 August 2012 at 00:26 , Blogger BossyMummy said...

Awesome idea! Mine are currently strewn around the house - this is a great way to orgnise them.

 
At 8 August 2012 at 13:35 , Blogger Yvette Bowyer said...

thats a great idea!! I have them all cluttered in a box.. will definitely be heading to spotlight!!! Thanks for the share!!!

 
At 8 August 2012 at 20:08 , Blogger Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

Chrissie! That is pure genius! I am totes going to copy! xx

 
At 9 August 2012 at 08:28 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Love :) I do love for everything to have a home!
Chrissie xx

 
At 9 August 2012 at 08:28 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Hun! Mine used to be scattered in my bedside drawer before I did this. Much nicer!
Chrissie xx

 
At 9 August 2012 at 08:29 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Why thankyou Gemma! I do like to think of myself as a regular little Einstein :) You go right ahead and copy away!
Chrissie xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home