This page has moved to a new address.

No Excuses!

Me and My Munchkin: No Excuses!

Thursday 28 June 2012

No Excuses!


{image source}
Hands up who has hobbies and interests? Ok, keep your hand up if you actually take the time to do your hobbies and interests? Before I became a single mum, I had a few interests such as scrap booking, reading and writing. Since becoming a single mum, I have let most of my interests slide. I have picked up a couple of new ones though, like blogging and walking.

So I guess what I am really getting at, is how much time do we give ourselves, whilst we are parents? Hobbies are a great way to unwind, relax, get enjoyment and just generally be happy. Take exercising for example: it is always said that exercise is great for your mental health, as it triggers the production of endorphins. Exercise is great for us, yet we rarely find the time to do it between the school drop offs and extra-curricular activities.

{image source}
The same goes for any other hobbies or interests. Baking, scrap booking, photography, dancing, spending time with friends. All of these are legitimate interests that make people happy, so why aren't we making the time to fit some of it in?

I am the first to admit that I'm a culprit of this. Aside from blogging and a bit of reading, I no longer pursue my interests. I am usually too exhausted by the end of the day to even contemplate sitting at my desk and scrap booking. I would love to get back into writing again, however find that I don't even have ideas, as my brain is too filled up with play dates and appointments.

I talked about my ideal life in my last post and talked about the concept of de-cluttering to have the time and space to pursue some of my hobbies again. This is a work in progress, and I am hoping that with the time I am saving that I used to spend searching for things that I have lost, I can use this for a little bit of me time.

{image source}
In saying that, now I actually have to put it into action! No more putting it off, no more excuses, no more distractions, I just need to bite the bullet and start spending time doing the things that I loved. Maybe I no longer like them anymore? I will never know until I take the time to find out.

Do you spend time pursuing your hobbies and interests?
What can you do to create more me time?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home