This page has moved to a new address.

My Sunny Day

Me and My Munchkin: My Sunny Day

Thursday 31 May 2012

My Sunny Day

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day in Adelaide. It was warm, and I was actually able to get around without a jumper on (no kidding).

I'm sure that most of you know that I've had a rough couple of weeks. I won't dwell on them, but if you missed it, you can read about a few of my struggles lately here.

Any who, I woke up yesterday morning, in Master A's bed, after spending the night in there with him - it was so much easier than arguing in the middle of the night. The morning was cold, like every other morning. But within an hour the sun came out, and it actually stayed out!

I spent the morning catching up on some blog reading while Munchkin watched Toy Story and then ran around the house for a little while. I then looked in the mirror and smiled. The sun was pouring in through the window, and I felt good. For the first time in a month, I felt good.

I decided to take advantage of my re-discovered feel-goodness (that's totally a word) and after Master A's nap, I loaded him in to the pram and off we went to the park. Playgrounds are just about Master A's favorite place in the world. Not so much mine. All that climbing and running after him, my pelvic floor muscles cringe just at the thought of it.

All the same though, we had fun running around the park, going from the swings to the see saw to the slippery dip, and back to the swings again.

I'm a mother that bribes her child. Every time we go to the park, I take a yoghurt or banana or some grapes to coax him back into his pram. After settling him in the pram with his favorite squeezy yoghurt, we started home.

We walk past a nursing home to get home, and quite often you will see the residents walking along the street on that block. We passed an elderly woman with a walking frame and I gave her a big smile. You could tell that it made her day. I can only hope that when I am at that stage in my life I can find someone who is still kind enough to look me in the eye and give me a big smile.

2 weeks ago, I would have passed by the elderly lady, with my head down. Not being rude, I am never rude. I just didn't have the will or the motivation to be overly friendly to strangers like I usually am.

So after a beautiful sunny day, and a huge long blog post to say what I am basically about to sum up in 2 words:

I'm back!


{image source}



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 31 May 2012 at 18:51 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad your back to your bubbly self :) Happiness is contagious you know ;) x

 
At 31 May 2012 at 18:58 , Blogger Tara @ Mum-ments said...

That sunshine did wonders for me too! Glad your smiling again hun xxx

 
At 31 May 2012 at 19:03 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thankyou! I agree, happiness definitely is contagious!
Chrissie xx

 
At 31 May 2012 at 19:05 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

It has been beautiful the last 2 days hasn't it? I think its all just a tease though and the yucky winter weather is hitting again tomorrow.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted :)
Chrissie
xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home