This page has moved to a new address.

Getting Back on Track

Me and My Munchkin: Getting Back on Track

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Getting Back on Track

{Image Source}


In recent weeks I have lost my focus and direction. I have been walking around each day, with definite goals in mind, but no real motivation to get to them. My days have been a mess, and things are not getting done. Responsibilities are falling behind and I am a little unsure as to whether I still want the same things. My 6 month goals and 12 month goals are still the same, however I have been a little unsure what it is I am working towards in my personal self. What I am doing it all for, the big picture.

After sitting down and having a think about what it is that I still want for my life, and how to fix things like my weekly schedule so that I am working toward this, I have come up with my current focus in life.

Getting my life running more organised and smoothly. I have let a lot of my routines and systems fall behind and life has been a little chaotic because of it. Living with my parents means that there is 3 adults and a toddler all living under 1 roof. My dad is known as a bit of a hoarder. This is particularly hard on myself, being such a tidy-nazi. It also makes it hard to keep clean myself and keep systems in place when you are living amongst clutter. I am going to assist my Mum in clearing the clutter, to make the house a more pleasant place to live in for all of us.

Raising a healthy, happy and independent child. This is a life-long goal. Master A has had a pretty bad run when it comes to illness, however he always comes out on top. He is also a very happy, social, and fearless little toddler (as a lot are). I believe that it is essential that children grow up with some degree of independence. I am working hard on this and always will.

Furthering my study and career. I have been toying with the idea of studying for a couple of years now, and found it all went out the window once I had Master A. His father insisted that I work, and whenever I spoke of cutting back hours to study I was shut down quickly. I was only able to quit work once I had separated from him. Now that I have been home for a couple of months I am looking at studying again. I love budgeting and accounts so will be applying to do a Tafe course online for Accounts Administration in the second semester. I have then been tossing up the idea of applying to do a Bachelor of Accounting through Open Universities. These plans are not set in stone, but things I am thinking about.

Expressing myself through my blog. I  have only been blogging for a little over a month and I am already loving it. I love helping other mums feel that they are not the only ones that feel the way they do some days. I love explaining things from a single mum's point of view. I can not wait to build my blog and plan on doing this for a long time yet!

Bringing down the debt. The entire reason I moved home with my parents was that I was not financially able to support us, after walking away from my relationship with the majority of our debt. It is not something I am proud of, but it is something I have to wear. I am slowly but surely climbing out of the hole, and although I have a long way to go, I know that this is what I am working towards.

I know that this is very similar to my goal blog posts, but the difference is that I have lost my focus, what I am doing all of this for. This is what I want from my life. I just have to take it one step at a time, just me and my munchkin.

Have you ever lost your focus in life? Forgotten what you are doing it all for? I would love to hear about your experiences and how you put yourself back on track.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home