This page has moved to a new address.

Introduction to a Single Mummy

Me and My Munchkin: Introduction to a Single Mummy

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Introduction to a Single Mummy


Hello and welcome to Me and My Munchkin!

My name is Chrissie and I thought that I would do a little bit of an introduction post as my first. I've started Me and My Munchkin as an insight into the life of a single mum. There are so many of us out there, and we all deserve a bit of recognition don't you think? So I thought I would start by telling you all 10 things about me.

1. I am a single mum in my twenties, with a 18 month old toddler. Currently a stay at home mum, I am trying to create a stable and fun life for us.

2. After splitting with my son's father, I moved back home with my parents. I am so lucky to have such a great support system. My parents are great and help out wherever they can with Master A.

3. I am trying to give up an addiction... to iced coffee! I love the stuff, and find it so hard to function without it. Funnily enough I hate regular coffee, opting for a hot chocolate instead when out with friends.

4. I am the youngest of 3 girls. Both of my older sisters have kids, with my youngest nephew only a little over a year older than Master A. The 2 of them are great friends.

5. After high school, I started studying child care, but failed my course due to sickness. I did administration, starting with a traineeship in records management, before finally going back to the retail industry.

6. When I was a little girl, I always wanted to be an author when I grew up. This blog is a great chance for me to explore this, and figure out if it is still a passion of mine.

7. I have a bit of a fetish for handbag and purses. I can't help it. And this is one thing that I will not throw out when I buy a new one.

8. I love organisation. Like, I really LOVE organisaton! I can't help it! I love being organised, and have been called "anal" on more than one occaision!

9. My favourite TV shows at the moment are The Big Bang Theory, Sons of Anarchy and True Blood. But I don't mind watching a bit of Thomas the Tank Engine, The Wot-Wots and Hi-5!

10. I love scrapbooking. Although I haven't been able to do any since moving back to my parent's house, I have every intention over the next few weeks of going through all of my things in storage and creating a little portable scrapbook station, so that I can still do some, even though I don't have a permanent place to store everything.

So there was 10 facts about me. Some pretty useless, but I figured I would include them anyway. I am really looking forward to getting to know my readers, and would love for you to introduce yourselves below.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 28 March 2012 at 14:50 , Anonymous alyceb said...

Welcome to the wonderful, addicting world of blogging!!

Oh, and I totally get you on the iced/hot coffee thing!! I can drink tea or coffee, but have no desire to do so. Iced coffee - can't get enough of it! So I'm always a disappointing visitor when I just ask for water instead of coffee - the host/s are always like, "Really, just water? Are you sure?!" Yes, yes I am :)

 
At 28 March 2012 at 15:14 , Anonymous meandmymunchkin said...

Thanks so much! I'm still learning all about wordpress so it's all a work in progress.

I swear that they put something other than caffeine in iced coffee to make it so addictive! I'm not a massive fan of hot drinks all round, but I am a sucker for a hot chocolate with a marshmallow!

 
At 29 March 2012 at 02:07 , Anonymous JessRose said...

Hi Chrissie, maccas coffee frapes are the best!!!! I got addicted when i was pregnant last year and havent been able to touch it since bfeeding :-(.... Anywho lovely to hear a snipit of your story sounds a little like mine did a couple yrs ago.... Had little girl in 2009, became single mum at 7 months later, moved in with my folks for support. Met back up with an old highschopl crush, and have recently had my second child!!! So im no longer a single mun but know how tough it is pysically, emotionally and financially. I have been blessed to fall in love so quickly and find the support i was truly looking for. Look forward to hearing more about you!!! X

 
At 29 March 2012 at 12:34 , Anonymous meandmymunchkin said...

Hi Jess, I just LOVE the mango frappes at Maccas. So delicious! I'm glad that everything has worked out for you in the end. There really is nothing like the support of your parents!

 
At 29 March 2012 at 20:46 , Anonymous awakeshawn said...

Welecome to the Land of Blogging. Have fun and enjoy. I also love the Big Bang Theory!! : )

 
At 29 March 2012 at 21:05 , Anonymous meandmymunchkin said...

Thanks! I can't wait to get stuck into it all :)

 
At 29 March 2012 at 23:26 , Anonymous lifeloveandhiccups said...

Hi there Chrissie and Welcome to the Fabulous world of blogging. you will never look back from here and you are now part of the most amazing community. Have fun hun xxx

 
At 30 March 2012 at 08:18 , Anonymous meandmymunchkin said...

Thankyou! Looking forward to getting to know all of you lovely ladies :)

 
At 4 April 2012 at 22:55 , Anonymous Helping Out my Bad Memory! « Me and My Munchkin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 14 April 2012 at 22:05 , Blogger Lee said...

Hi Chrissie! Great start. Nice to meet you. As Sonia said, you are now part of an amazing community. Enjoy! xx

 
At 15 April 2012 at 15:11 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Lee! I'm still getting to know the ropes but already enjoying it! xx

 
At 4 May 2012 at 14:49 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

As posted by One Too Many on my previous website:

Hey Chrissie, I think both Iced Coffe frappes and blogging are as addictive as each other…..I’m enjoying the ride and I hope you are too!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home